General Labor Technician
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a General Labor Technician to be responsible for general site maintenance and support, including but not limited to the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain the appearance. These duties may include mowing, trimming, landscaping, and snow removal. This position will also support the efforts of the maintenance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
• Will be required to assist other Maintenance Crafts
• Maintains roads, parking areas and sidewalks, gravel & hard surfaces
• Performs preventative maintenance on company vehicles and equipment
• Performs lawn mowing, trimming, and weed eating
• Plants and maintains trees, shrubs and landscaping
• Keeps grounds free of litter
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Keeps all related equipment and tools clean, maintained and stored properly
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
• Operates power tools, power mowers, skid steer and other equipment used in grounds maintenance
• Experience with snow removal equipment
• May be required to occasionally work overtime (turnaround, shutdowns, nights, weekends, on-call)
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Ability to climb straight ladders.
• Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Confined space entry may be required.
• Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
• SCBA when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
• Industrial chemical plant environment.
• Noise levels may require hearing protection.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
• Computer use with Windows OS and Office suite desired
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Have Organizational skills and Multitasking ability
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
Experience and Qualifications
• Preferred 2 years, experience operating equipment and power tools.
• Applicants with equipment operation preferred
• Knowledge of the operation of mowers, trimmers, power tools and heavy equipment
• Job requires being detailed and thorough in completing work tasks
• Requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to be a self-starter, as well as ability to work with little or no supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team oriented
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: General Labor Technician
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.