I & C Engineer
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join our Reliability team in Wever, Iowa. The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will be responsible for developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. The objective is to ensure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely. Ensure control systems adhere to Industry Good Practices. Ensure safety instrumented systems and critical controls are compliant with PSM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• At a minimum, tasks will include:
• Develop skills in specific disciplines such as advance process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controls (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). The use of these disciplines will depend on the exact nature of individual job roles.
• Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems.
• Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal staff
• Provide guidance for technicians and operations
• Evaluate and recommend reliability improvements
• Track and optimize DCS health and tuning for reliability – critical valve response time
• Train/technology transfer to crafts persons
• Business case development
• Identify and recommend spare part strategy / assess system risks
• Insure that plant SIS’s are PM’d
• Purchase equipment as needed
• Must be willing to be available 24/7 on short notice to support plant operations
• Write and develop preventative maintenance procedures
• Analyze data and present findings in written/electronic reports
• Manage DCS programming and changes to graphics and software
• Implement MOC changes
• P&ID and engineering documentation / control
• Critical control valve lists for turnarounds
• Analyzer calibration program management
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Interface with multiple disciplines
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Ability to climb straight ladders.
• Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Confined space entry may be required.
• Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
• Industrial chemical plant environment.
• Noise levels may require hearing protection.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• SAP experience a plus.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Control or Automation Engineering
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years, experience supporting environmental compliance in the chemical industry or other industrial manufacturing.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in field
• Chemical plant or fertilizer manufacturing experience a plus
• Experience with PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers)
• Graphics programming experience (HMI)
• Software programming
• Ladder logic programming
• Analyzer Calibrations, Gas, and Ammonia
• Capital project execution
• Commissioning experience a plus
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: I&C Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Reliability Superintendent
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.