Reliability Engineer (Piping and Fixed Equipment)
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a Reliability Engineer (Piping and Fixed Equipment) to become part of our organization at our location in Wever, Iowa. The successful candidate will be an experienced piping engineer who has the technical skills to conduct PSV sizing calculations and piping stress analysis. This position will be reliability focused but also may be relied upon to support project engineering design teams. Primary responsibility will be the lead in maintaining piping and fixed equipment integrity to insure compliance with PSM and applicable engineering design standards. Participate and lead root cause analysis pertained to responsibility area. Also, will assist in leading the Mechanical Integrity Program for plant. Provide expertise relating to design, rerating, welding, troubleshooting, restoration, and replacement of the plant’s fixed equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
o Provide fixed equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.) and piping technical support for multiple sites within the plant
o Lead implementation of a fixed equipment and piping and mechanical integrity program across multiple areas within the plant
o Proactive site reliability improvement efforts
o Approve temporary clamps design and hot tapping work
o Interface with management, reliability, maintenance and operations
o Identify and leverage industry best practices
o Facilitate knowledge sharing
o Work closely with inspection team
o Assist in plant and equipment inspections and repair plans
o Design and rerate fixed equipment
o Develop work scopes and participate in the planning and execution of plant outages
o Participate and adhere to budgeting process – demonstrate good cost control practices
o Manage small capex projects
o Thorough knowledge of PSM and MOC process
o Manage and verify work of contractors for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications
o Observe, test and report on construction materials and fabrication methods
o Prepare and implement inspection scopes as required to assist the inspection team
o Analysis of inspection data as required to assist the inspection team
o Maintain good and accurate engineering records – document control
o Ensure inspection databases and records are maintained
o Maintain piping and torque specifications
o Utilize SAP for work planning, spare parts, BOM creation, purchasing
• Identify critical spare parts as required
• Understand engineering design standards ASME BPVC and API 510, 570, 653
• Knowledge of welding & repair techniques
• Experience with basic NDE (UT, PT, MT, RT) and special NDE methods
• Provide sizing or verification of PSV’s
• Responsible for PSV documentation and inspection program
• Provide technical support to the inspector team
• Provide piping stress analysis as required
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies
• Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and Isometric drawings
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Ability to climb straight ladders.
• Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Confined space entry may be required.
• Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
• Industrial chemical plant environment.
• Noise levels may require hearing protection.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• SAP experience a plus.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, PE would be a plus
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the chemical industry or other industrial manufacturing supporting piping systems. Fertilizer manufacturing experience is a plus
• This individual shall possess a sound knowledge of fixed equipment as well as a knowledge of inspection activities/techniques
• Knowledge and experience with piping components like valves, gaskets, flanges, bolting, couplings
• Knowledge and skilled with conducting calculations for Joint integrity and bolting
• CAD experience is a plus
• Experience and ability to use piping stress and calculation modeling software like Caesar
• Be able to work independently (while still demonstrating good team work communication)
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Plant or piping design experience is a preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
• General knowledge of materials, welding and inspection practices
• Demonstrate technical leadership related to fixed equipment; piping
• Knowledge of the general operation and function of fixed equipment used in the fertilizer industry
• Knowledge of risk based inspection software programs and best practices
• Enthusiastic and team focused
• Ability to manage high levels of stress.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Reliability Engineer (Piping and Fixed Equipment)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Lead Reliability Engineer
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.