Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer to join our Reliability team in Wever, Iowa. This individual will provide rotating equipment engineering support for Operations and Maintenance at our Wever location. This position is discipline specific and will be focused on tactical as well as strategic issues related to rotating equipment. Engagement across several departments and with all levels of site leadership is expected. This position will monitor the diagnostics for the plants critical compressors, turbines and pumps and support the proactive, preventative and reactive maintenance and repair of rotating equipment. Long term strategic planning and proactive monitoring programs will be essential to the plants availability and reliability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
• Serve as the rotating equipment subject matter expert and mentor the support groups associated with this equipment.
• Focus on trouble shooting and identifying rotating equipment issues and recommend resolutions through providing daily support to operations and maintenance on rotating equipment and auxiliary systems.
• Develop tracking tools for rotating equipment availability and support improving the overall reliability of rotating equipment and their auxiliary systems throughout the plant. Working through SAP work notification to record this data and analyze metrics.
• Develop and implement task lists and work procedures for maintenance technicians and operations to ensure reliable repair and operation of rotating equipment.
• Develop work plans for turnarounds and work outages to ensure rotating equipment issues are resolved for the next plant run duration and supporting those outages.
• Establishing relationships with key technical manufacturers in the field
• Identify and solve area specific reliability issues using data driven methodologies.
• Support the Lead Reliability Engineer – by developing and maintaining customer service agreements with OEMS for critical equipment.
• Monitoring monthly production losses and maintenance costs to identify top discipline specific problems.
• Solve high priority reliability issues by focusing on discipline specific reliability improvements.
• Provide technical support for PHA’s/HAZOPs.
• Providing justification and facilitating the purchase of major spare parts.
• Leading Management of Change process for rotating equipment centered changes and performing the technical review.
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Ability to climb straight ladders.
• Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
• Confined space entry may be required.
• Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
• Industrial chemical plant environment.
• Noise levels may require hearing protection.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• SAP experience a plus.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical field
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years, experience supporting environmental compliance in the chemical industry or other industrial manufacturing in the field of rotating equipment. This experience should include knowledge of PSM and MI program requirements. Fertilizer or Chemical manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with compressors, steam turbines and pumps in an industrial plant setting.
• Knowledge of engineering codes/standards and best practices related to rotating machinery (API/ANSI, etc.)
• Experience working with operating processes, equipment, and materials of construction.
• Strong technical ability to effectively evaluate equipment performance, identify root cause to equipment failures or performance issues and recommend solutions to resolve problems.
• Experience with small project and failure analysis methods
• Experience with rotating equipment repairs, understanding of clearances and tolerances on rotating equipment.
• API 610, 614, 617, 612, 682, 686, 687, working knowledge
• Knowledge of machinery lubrication and tribology – ability to analyze sample results and recommend resolution when required.
• Analyzing vibration data and Bently Nevada experience is critical to this role. Minimum 2 years of vibration analysis experience.
• Vibration certification is a plus
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Lead Reliability Engineer
Department: Reliability and Technology Organization
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.