SAP Business Analyst Wever
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a SAP Business Analyst to be accountable and responsible for developing and supporting the SAP ERP applications for our North American operations. This includes day-to-day operations, project implementations, security, and internal/external resource planning for the underlying application development or support. This position directly supports our reliability, maintenance, operations, warehousing and procurement functions within the SAP ERP environment. The SAP Business Analyst will join the SAP support team, reporting to the IT/SAP Manager, to provide overall leadership and direction of the ERP business process modules.
Primary objectives will include: SAP leadership and training plans; SAP strategic direction; policies and procedures; analysis and reporting; adherence to internal controls and system outage/maintenance coordination. The role will interface with IFCo management, reliability engineers, procurement, project engineers, document control, warehouse, operations, and data systems contractors. This position will serve a key role on our SAP Governance Council, providing guidance regarding Best Practices and Internal Controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
• Provide leadership, direction and issue resolutions to end-user community regarding business processes, data, enhancements, interfaces, and acquisitions.
• Provide solutions, directions, and options where business requirements misalign with systems operations and functionality.
• Manage multiple issues and projects, both increasing in impact to the business and complexity to satisfy the business requirements.
• Provide guidance, understanding, and recommendations to the business user-community in the underlined application area.
• Application Support
• Provide stable, intelligent management and assertive direction to the SAP Governance Team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment where the business managers and community look to IT for direction and solutions.
• Follow IT standards, documentation, development methodologies as related to support and development activities including preparation of test scripts for the business processes.
• Work with the IT project teams in the analysis of the required business processes.
• Organize training on SAP for new employees and refresher/detailed training for appropriate personnel.
• Maintain role-based user access provisioning in SAP that complies with proper segregation of duties.
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 25lbs.
• Industrial chemical plant environment.
• Noise levels may require hearing protection.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
• Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Experience and Qualifications
• Should have a minimum of 5 years of SAP Key User experience with hands on technical roles.
• Excellent knowledge of SAP modules for Plant maintenance, Material Management, and Production Planning.
• Must be able to monitor and maintain SAP and its ancillary systems and provide reports as needed.
• Be able to work with other technical staff to identify and resolve SAP System related issues.
• Experienced in managing related risks of implementing SAP projects, including assessing the consequences of SAP decisions/actions to the business and internal controls of the organization.
• Experienced in assessing proper segregation of duties and maintaining a role-based user access provisioning in SAP.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills with a focus on details, accuracy and report development.
• Competent project management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to interface and maintain a positive attitude with employees at all levels in a professional and helpful matter. Consult appropriate parties (associates, user/technical groups, consultants) accordingly when resolving issues. Communicate frequently, effectively and precisely (“to the point”); but always with a solution orientation.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required. Regular trips to Sioux City, IA may be required to provide support for a Sales office in that location.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high- pressure environment with changing priorities.
• Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. MS Access a plus.
• A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: SAP Business Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: SAP IT Manger
Department: IT Department
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.